A common problem, especially with neuro muscular disorders is the lack of strength to push buttons. I’ve tested some and found that even Xbox buttons (roughly 60grams of pressure required) can be too much sometimes.
Here’s a solution made by Electricreations that creates a touch controller for classic consoles.
This is maybe a complicated but effective solution. The video may be a bit long, but if you have the ability to recreate, could be very useful.
[thanks for sending this in PlatinumFungi!]
I’m really proud of this accessibility mod. The modular design means that you can download the files and arrange in many many variations to solve problems. Glue the bits together and you’re done!
Find all the files, video, pictures, etc on the announcement post over at Make!
As usual, I need to thank Lulzbot 3D printers for their donations. Because of the effort they have provided, I can give these away for FREE. I shipped two complete sets this morning, I anticipate more over the next few weeks.
I’ve been mulling around an idea for some thumbstick mods for people. There are several problems I can address and now that I’ve sorted out some issues with the filament I was buying for the 3d printer, I can start making these.
The plan I have is to make a modular system where you can customize the thumbstick extension a bit to suit your specific needs.
Ideally the system will meet the following criteria:
- snap on and off so it can be used on other people’s systems or on new controllers
- modular for customization in both position and form
I spent a little bit of time tonight and successfully designed the base piece. It snaps on quite snugly and looks sturdy enough to hold modules stacked on top. Now I have to design those!
As usuall, I really need to thank Lulzbot. Without their support, I wouldn’t be making these. With their support, not only can I make them but I follow lulzbot’s lead and I give them away for free. If you have need for these things, contact me and we’ll see if I can help.
Read the whole story and see pics over at Make:
Finally finished the modifications to this controller. Head over to Make to find the files for the trigger extensions and further details on how it all went together.